Move New Haven is a study focused on developing and evaluating alternative actions to improve the Greater New Haven regions' transit system by:
- Better connecting people with jobs, educational institutions and communities
- Responding to new developments and changing travel choices
- Increasing CTtransit ridership, including choice riders
- Enhancing accessibility to destinations outside the downtown core
- Transforming the public transit network with a broader range of service types
- Capturing the possibilities of the next generation of public transit
The project will be organized in two phases:
- The first phase is a combination of public input, stakeholder coordination and data collection. Working with our community partners, we will evaluate the current transit system to see how it can be enhanced to better meet the needs for travel in the city and region.
- The second phase of the project will define specific corridor-based alternatives for capital investment and recommendations for future system planning and expansion.